Monday, July 4, 2011

Power Source!!!

Dear Friends and Family,

Wishing you all a wonderful 4th.  Hope your day is blessed. Mine already has been.

I sat on the deck this morning and continued my reading through Luke.  I'm so enjoying afresh and anew, the revelations of Christ's ministry.  This morning the story of the woman who touched Christ's garment spoke to my heart in a new real way.  Jesus's response just gripped my thoughts, " Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me."

Okay.......... as the disciples pointed out, many people were milling around Christ.  Many had touched Him, but only one had touched Him in total faith and expectation.

I thought about prayer.  I wondered how often I've "milled around" Jesus.  How many times do I go through my prayer list, knowing that God answers prayer but........

What really gripped me was the thought that "power went from Him.'   When Christ answers my prayers He doesn't wave a magic wand over me.  HE GIVES OF HIMSELF!!!!!!!!  What an amazing thought.  What a source we have to draw upon!

I thought of our Little Buddy. We call him the "Battery King."  He adores batteries. Makes no difference if they're dead.  He carries around heavy pockets full of batteries.  His Uncle Brother brings him airplane batteries. He'd never part with even a dead one. The other day he was carrying one around, hugging it tightly to himself as though it were some great treasure(which indeed to him it was).

Without being sacrilegious, I though of my BATTERY KING.  All power in Heaven and earth is given unto Him. And when He hears and answers my prayers, He gives of Himself!  So true to His character, Calvary was the ultimate gift!  And He keeps on giving!!!

Why don't I trust Him more?  I just can't seem to wrap my arms around the enormity of this thought.  That God Himself, hears my prayers and gives of Himself, when my faith is as simple and trusting as this little insignificant woman.

I am humbled this morning.  What a great God!  What a source of power!  What a promise of strength!  Father, please help me to touch you this morning.  Help me when I pray to know that You are so willing to give of Yourself!  I'm so glad you are indeed the King, and Your power never "runs dry or runs out."  No dead batteries here!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You, for Your precious Word.

I won't be attending any fireworks this evening, but I praise God for the fresh "fireworks" burning in my soul!!

Love, Linda 

1 comment:

Emily said...

I love this! It was such a much needed reminder. Thank you for your thoughts!