Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Are You Packing/

Dear Friends and Family,

Several have asked why I haven't blogged lately. Well, the children so seldom come home, there's just not been much to say. Jon and I aren't really "news worthy."
Today, Margaret told me she was coming down for a few hours and she could leave a critter with me until Saturday. Of course, that brightened me up!  I assumed she'd leave Jennifer who is such a big help to us.  
After I hung up, I thought of little Jessica Mae who along with JB hardly ever stays with us.  The last two grandchildren are only seeing a shadow of the Nanny that the older children once experienced.  It makes me so sad, but we're not able to keep up with their normal young childish activities.  But this would only be for two days....   Poor Jessica Mae has begged to stay for so long.... in fact it's been over a year since she's stayed with us.
While I was musing on this idea, the phone rung again and it was Margaret.  She'd had the same idea, and we agreed it would be the best time.
At the supper table tonight, Jessica Mae was telling her side of the story.  When her mother had at first told Jennifer to start packing, Jessica Mae begged to be the one allowed to stay.  Margaret said, "Just a moment..." and went to her bedroom, closed the door, and called Nanny.
After Jessica Mae related this to me, I replied, "And I bet you were in the other room praying, weren't you?" 
"Nope!" she said, "I was packing!"
That answer rolled me back on my heels, after all, the answer for over a year had been, no. Wow! What faith!  She wasn't wasting anytime doubting. She just "kept knocking" until the door opened.
She asked...and started packing.
I wonder how often, after praying, do I really believe. Believe that God is interested, able, and willing?
No wonder that Jesus said we needed to be as little children. Their
faith is so simple, so uncomplicated.
How often do I follow my petitions to God with human analysis? I've often said that God doesn't keep our requests in a file box arranged from easy to extremely difficult. It's all the same to Him.  It's only my finite mind that does thus.
Lord, help me today to come humbly and yet bodly before you.
Lord, help me to come with childlike faith.
Lord, help me to "start packing." 
Thanks, Jessica Mae, for reminding Nanny that "the answer is already on it's way."

Linda

2 comments:

Jon A. Delamarter said...

and they said to him, “Do you hear what these are saying?” And Jesus said to them, “Yes; have you never read, “‘Out of the mouth of infants and nursing babies you have prepared praise’?” (Matthew 21:16 ESV)

Avon said...

You and Jon are AWESOME grandparents !