Thursday, December 29, 2011

For His Eye is on the Sparrow...

I hesitate to post this.  There seems to be so much sicknesses across the states.  So I know our family isn't unique.  And yet we are. To God that is.  Each of us is special to Him.

Amy's entire family has strep.  All of Jon Abram's girls have been sick with fevers, and Melody has a touch of the pneumonia.  Our Jennifer has been in Intensive Care since Monday and seems no better, perhaps worse.  There appears to be something more than strep, pneumonia, and mono going on. Today they have called in the Infectious Disease Doctors.For those of you on Facebook, this is old news.

I just went out and filled my bird feeders and am sitting by the window.  It was as though the birds were waiting for me, for fresh provision.  As I watch them, I am once again reminded of God's endless care and concern.  Sometimes it's hard to wrap our mind around that.

This morning as I read the account of the 12 spies trip into Canaan, I saw myself in the mirror of God's Word.  He reminded me of the many Red Seas He has brought me through.  As I read of the Israelites' doubts, I felt like hanging my head in shame.  God was grieved and yes, even angry at their lack of trust in Him.So many times the fear of tomorrow seems to drown me.  I needed to be reminded and to once again focus on Him.

My Mockingbird is at this moment delighting in suet.  The chickadees are knee deep in seed.  The cardinals are hovering near.  Their beauty in color and song warms my heart...  reminding me that I too have a Great Benefactor!

For His Eye is on the Sparrow, and I know He watches me!!!!!!!!!

In His care, Linda

No comments: