Sunday, June 3, 2012

Amy JOY JOY JOY JOY....

 My Amy.....no wonder her middle name is Joy.  She's the glue of the family. Always there for everyone, from daily caring for the dialysis treatment of an Aunt,, from parents and mother-in-law, to children, to friends...Amy has the most generous caring heart!
Please note these pictures....what should have been an hour at the women's heart center on March 5 became a four hour visit. Some serious issues. Once again, Amy became my support person.
Three months later, I'm 18 pounds lighter, and my sky high cholesterol has dropped 76 points. The doctor and nurses were so amazed that I was asked to speak at a Heart Disease luncheon(which I was physically unable to do).
Top photo, grilled chicken. And instead of a cake for dessert, Amy grilled pineapples. They were awesome. Photo two. The night of Erica's graduation party, she had a beautiful iced graduation cake. But Amy fixed, an extremely low fat white cake(no egg yolks), covered with warm strawberries and blackberries, no sugar, etcs., and fat free cool whip. Now, how special is THAT!
Since it is almost impossible for me to cook, the first week, I despaired(flipped a pizza completely upside down in oven). But choices such as fresh fruit and veggies, almost no processed food, and grilling has really helped. But I wouldn't have had the courage without my sweet daughter!  Family! It's THE BEST!!  I love you, Amy JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I MUST ADMIT AMY IS A JEWEL. SO DEAR AND PRECIOUS. I FORGOT TO TELL HER THANK YOU FOR BRING ME HOME. THANKS MAMIE. SO PRECIOUS. I LOVE HER VERY MUCH ..AUNT JOJAN
THE PICTURES WERE SO NEAT SO PLAIN.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, she is a sweety! Love you Amy !