Friday, April 19, 2013

Today's Cup

Springtime, cup of coffee, my Bible, and gun go hand in hand. Ha...caught you off guard didn't I?  Well, when the squirrels are raiding your bird feeders you have to "watch and pray!"
We've moved our feeders to the flower bed since the birds make such a mess on our deck. A few days ago, Jon put up a new feeder for me since my cardinals are not "clinger feeders" but "perch feeders." Whoohoo....big mistake! The seed poured out so readily that my poor cardinals watched from the trees while the cowbirds and grackles wiped me out of over five pounds of bird seed in less than 24 hours! No way one can afford that!
So I had to take the feeder down. I put up my ceramic sunflower feeder dish. I had missed my songbirds so much. The cardinals love to eat at daybreak and late evenings. So the last two mornings I've slipped out and put only a cup of sunflower seeds into the dish. My beautiful little friends are watching for me...
They manage an "early breakfast" before the other birds show up.
As I sat in thought and prayer this morning enjoying their beauty and song so much, I thought of my needs for this day.
I thought of the words, "Early will I seek Thee!" Today, I won't worry about the crowded fight over this  world's fanfare. I know my God will provide my needed "cup for today." I need to "slip in" with Him and accept what He so perfectly supplies.  Here's my cup, Lord!  Fill it up....for this day, for my needs, for my walk with you, for my opportunities to minister!
Today's demands crowd in.........but I'm well fortified!  I've been at the King's table this morning!!

No comments: