Wednesday, May 29, 2013

This Day

Morning comes early for me today.....

The night seemed so long. Thank goodnesses the coffee comes on automatically!

When Hubby comes out and speaks to me, I just wave at him, at least as well as my "locked up" fingers will let me. I finally move to the deck where the dawning beauty flows over me like a gentle balm..........cool, soothing, inspiring.....easing me into His Presence and another day.

Hubs joins me after a bit and we drink deeply together from The Fountain.
He begins our prayer time with, "Father, you've told us to come boldly before you....but I don't feel bold this morning...."

I immediately get a picture image of how I feel in this moment......  I see myself crawling, pulling myself with bloody nails....weakly inching my way closer and closer to the foot of the cross.

Maybe that's too graphic for you, maybe you've never been there...  Totally used up, totally dependent, needy, oh, so needy.

But I feel a gentle hand lift me and pull me to The Throne.  Ahh.... I'm here, Lord, it's me..... He calls me by name!

Only He can say my name with such a passion, such understanding, such endearment.  I feel His strength, His renewal, His Promises encompassing me....

"With confidence I now draw nigh..
 With confidence I now draw nigh..
 And Father, Abba, Father cry!"

Our voices sounded tired this morning.......  but prayers are not measured in decibels.........but in confidence, in faith.... in Him to whom we pray!

Thank, you Father, this morning for being just that, OUR FATHER!  We rest today in all the privileges and blessings that being your child brings to us!!

No comments: