Saturday, June 1, 2013

Cutting Back....

Cutting Back.......

I sat in my walker by my beautiful flower pots.  I drank in the beauty and reflected.  My pansies, planted last summer had taken on a burst of new life......brilliantly coloring my front yard.
But since this was their second summer they had grown tall and spindly. Yes, the blooms were still as magnificent...but I knew they were struggling.
I knew what I needed to do,but it seemed almost painful to me. No, no......I just can't sacrifice these present blooms.
But knowing that new freshness of growth would create healthier blooms that would endure a new summer's heat.......I determined to do what was necessary.
So gently I broke a few of them off their tall unsightly stems........waiting for another day to do a few more.
For now the brave little flowers grace my table. For now I'll watch and wait for the fruit of such pruning
.
As I had studied the situation, I was reminded how my kind Gardener, in His infinite wisdom and love knows that I, too, often need such "cutting back." Sometimes it's , oh, so unpleasant, yes....even painful.
But looking back, I  know it was indeed profitable and fitting.
Today, Lord, I yield to your embrace or purging.......... Thou, Oh, Lord, knowest me!!

No comments: