Friday, October 10, 2014

My Attorney

Today as I sat praying and thinking of the legal battle being waged in Raleigh for my grandchildren's school and church, the Lord rolled back time in my memory bank to years ago.

I was in the process of getting a day care for our Christian day school up and running.  Just getting the old college building renovated to meet state standards for a day care was a huge job.

The salesmen at Lowes groaned when they saw me coming. Buying plumbing parts, electrical supplies was daunting, and I was a woman in a man's world.

The city Zoning/Building Supervisor had become a personal friend of mine. I was never quite sure whether it was out of respect or pity.

The state was making another somewhat unreasonable demand on us.  Another door, another sink..... My Zoning friend finally said to me, "Linda, I'm giving you my own pager number.  If they show up. Page me, whatever, I'm doing, I'll drop it and  come!"

Well, they showed up. I paged. And in a matter of minutes my Zoning friend arrived.

I remember so clearly, I sat down.  He took over. He became my advocate. He became my attorney. After all, He knew the codes, all the details of my situation.

It didn't take long. My issues were resolved. My needs were met. My cause was heard. I, oh so incapable, had been represented by the Higher Up.

Christians, look up. March on. We have An Advocate!!!

No comments: