Sunday, July 8, 2012

Happy 17th!!!

I call her Miss Melly.  But for all her life Melody has had the nickname, "Buddy." And no wonder!!! Melody has always cared so deeply about others, especially her family.





About a month again, my oldest granddaughter gave me a wonderful gift.  She came in and said, "Nanny, I'm yours for the week. I brought no school books, and no computer!" Wow, what a gift of herself. Now, Nanny's can be rather boring for teenagers, I'm afraid. But Melody wasn't thinking of herself, true to form! We shared so many happy moments together on the deck, attending campmeeting, etc.
Today, we celebrate a life.  Melody Joy's 17th birthday. We celebrate all of Christ's beauty that shines through her.  I love you, MISS MELLY!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me too...but yes "I'm still mad at you"...So proud of you and happy that you're my granddaughter

Jon A. Delamarter said...

That's my Baby Girl!