Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Spring Fever?


What an absolutely gorgeous day!  Can't believe it, but my hyacinths and tulips are up about six inches. The hyacinths already have their bud pods quite developed.  Hardy flowers have pushed themselves up, around, and through the mum plants. Crocuses are up about three inches. The blueberry bush has budded. Praying cold weather won't destroy them.  My birds are in full splendor, as usual. Had a large ruby throated woodpecker this morning, first time I've seen him since fall. I grilled us some hotdogs on our deck. I'm thinking I just might have spring fever waayyyyyyyyy too early. I miss sitting on my deck so much.
When I saw my flowers, I couldn't help but think of the phrase, "Hope springs eternal!"  Winter has a beauty all it's own, but...................... Bring on Spring!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have some poking their heads up too. hope thy dont freeze. jojan