Sunday, February 3, 2013

Why Am I Crying Today?


 No, not really, only inside. The blog seems like such a warmer place to be honest.

I suppose, it's because I know that such few people actually look at blogs anymore.  I've had a not to pleasant opinion of folks that "hang out their wash" on Facebook. And now that I have a Facebook page, I find myself trying  to analyze every word I write.
Yes, I'm so happy that Jon Abram has a good glove fit job that he loves. Yes, I'm so happy he's doing what he loves best.

Yes, I'll forever be grateful for God's protective hand on their move.

Yes, I'm especially grateful for the miracle that their home here sold within a week of their move...how big is THAT?

Yes, I'm grateful for modern technology that makes keeping in touch so much easier and friendlier.

And the list goes on and on.....so many many things I'm grateful for!  So why am  I crying inside today?

Guess it's because I'm a mother and grandmother...can't think of any other reason.  Maybe it's because I've been looking at their photos in my storage files.

Pictures of my critters growing up together so close by for the last five years.  The gravel they loved loved loved to play in, raking leaves, making doughnuts, riding bikes.....so many pictures that have recorded zillions of happy moments.  Wonderful moments that I hold closely in the memory bank of my heart.

So wipe your tears, ole woman.  And smile smile smile.....cherish them every one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give yourself all the time you need to cry! God knows! And I do enjoy hearing things about your family. Missy in Taiwan

Unknown said...

Missy, How kind. Could you click on the little envelop icon at the end of this post and send me a way to be in touch with you? I found pictures of you on the internet. Do you have an email, missionary blog,etc?
Pray for you daily, Linda