Monday, October 7, 2013

My Amazing Man


Saturday morning I went to a few yard sales with Avon and Joe. I found this Roland piano. It had been in storage and didn't have a cord. They let me have it for $8.00. I was pretty excited. I knew the piano books and the bench were worth that, and Erica could use them.

It seriously needed cleaning up. Before I knew it, my hubby was sitting on the deck, sweat pouring down his face, working away on my "prize." We brought it in and it took Jon and Buddy about 30 minutes to "rig up" an adapter. Something about reversing the charge..............?

My excitement soon turned to dismay when I discovered that almost half of the keys didn't work. They were stuck tight!  I tried to console myself with the fact that the other stuff was worth what I had paid.

This morning my wonderful amazing Hubby took the keyboard to the kitchen table. For five long hours he totally dismantled my piano. Saucers and bowls held numerous tiny parts. Every key was removed. It appeared to have been stored in extreme heat and parts had melted onto the keys. He patiently cleaned each key. He worked as though he were an artist tenderly creating a beautiful work.

These photos only show it in its early stages. There were lots and lots of more loose parts. Finally, he put it all back together again............ And miracle of miracles!!! I have a beautiful "new" piano. I've had my earphones on playing to my hearts content. After years of no practice....I need the earphones. JON NEEDS MY EARPHONES!  But my heart was blessed as I played "Rock of Ages," and "It is Well With My Soul!!"  Reminded me, that God, too, had to "take me all apart", clean me, and put me back together again!
What an amazing, loving husband!!! Thank you, Sweetheart!!!

3 comments:

Avon said...

You do have an amazing husband ! He is so talented in so many ways .

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! What a great blessing to have a piano! And what a great husband you have!! Missy

Roberta said...

So happy that you now have a piano! Wonderful Jon, with patience and skill, was able to make it work.