Thursday, October 3, 2013

Taking Time......

Wow!  What a gorgeous fall day in beautiful North Carolina!  I sat on my deck reading from my devotional, "Jesus Today," by Sarah Young. She reminded me that I have a restless, scampering about, mind!  Ouch!! Ouch!! He is as close as the mention of His name!!

It was so peaceful on the deck....leaves dancing their way to the ground in a slow waltz sort of way,
birds jostling  at the feeder, Susie chasing off the squirrels and returning with lolling tongue and a cheesy grin on her silly face, Jon "mowing" the leaves into one pile......

"Be still and know that I am God" was the song of the moment. It was so pleasant to "pull away" from so many distractions.  I feel renewed, refilled, and quietly peaceful in His Presence!

Nothing else "thrilled my soul" like Jesus!  Nothing else satisfies. Nothing else fills the deepest recesses of my soul!

No comments: