Monday, October 29, 2012

"I'm Here, Lord,........."

The blessed, hallowed, holy Sabbath!!  How I love it!

I've missed so much lately. On Sunday morning, no, on Saturday, my heart starts to long and yearn for that moment.

Yesterday morning followed a long night.  With the good Lord's help I managed to make it.

When I entered His sanctuary, I felt such a sense of gratitude.  I sat there quietly and was immediately aware of His Presence.  I answered His voice, "I'm here, Lord."  It was enough...  He and I....  Yes, I was well aware of others. They, too, are part of my family, His family, The Family of God. I had missed them so!  Bonds established over years of fellowship and caring.

Just being there was enough. But the whole service was filled with His sweet Presence. The special song, "Jesus, Lover of my soul......."  One felt as though he needed to remain "hushed, humbled, grateful" in His Presence.  Almost as though one needed to take off his shoes, for surely one was on "holy ground."

I was glad when they said unto me, "Let us go into the House of the Lord!"  Thank you, God, for once again blessing me with the opportunity!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

me oo, it had been so long i was so excited to be in church SUNDAY!!!