Monday, October 15, 2012

What to do on a cool rainy day........

I suppose we could blame this all on our kids.....  ha ha.  Jon Abram's family had begged us to come up Saturday, but we just weren't able to make it.  They made me happy though, by emailing me pictures all through out the day, of them decorating their home.  Ahhhhhhh....modern technology.

Today Amy and Joey came over and helped us. I wanted the leaf in my dining room table for the holidays.  Joey brought in the two extra chairs from the shed for me.  NOW....come on home kids!!! ha ha.
No, we aren't ready to put up our Christmas tree yet!  But.......  Jon so loves his village and putting it up is a huge job!  The village is something that Amy enjoys so much with her Dad, she bought him most of the pieces. So we decided since it is such a big job, to go ahead and put it up and be able to enjoy it. The grandkids love it so much!

While all this was going on, I pulled out Jon's childhood Christmas lp's and played them on our vintage phonograph.

Amy and Joey, under Jon's direction, hauled it all in and put it where Jon could easily reach it.  Clearing out the china cabinet was a huge job in itself. Joey brought me boxes and put them where I could reach them. Then after they were packed he stored them away for me until after the holidays.

Amy fixed a lovely lunch and Joey hauled empty boxes, trunks, etc. back to the shed.  Whew!  We couldn't have done it without them!
I loved just watching Amy and her Dad.  It was truly pleasure shared!
  Our kids are the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMY AND JOEY, THANKS SO MUCH FOR HELPING MY SISTER AND ,,BROTHER,,,LOVE YOU LINDA LOVE U JON!!!!! JOJAN