Monday, January 27, 2014

I'm Afraid........

I'm afraid..........

There! I've said it!

Less than 24 hours away now, I feel the moments crowding me. Whirling, swirling, racing......thoughts. Thoughts of what to remember, what to ask, details, "what ifs....."

God knew I'd be afraid...........Ps. 56:3 "What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee." This chapter also repeatedly reads, I will praise Thy Word, In God have I put my trust! That's a pretty good insurance policy, wouldn't you agree?

Jon hasn't been able to lie down for weeks. Last evening we were here alone and he came in and adjusted his sleep lab bed to a sitting position and rested beside me.

I snuggled close, just holding his hand, feeling renewed and strengthened just by his presence. I drifted off into the most restful sleep that I've had in weeks. No, he couldn't stay there long.......but it was enough. I felt safe, reassured, at peace.

So for now and in the coming days, I'll rest in Him, the ever, all sufficient One. When He draws near I know I'm safe...secure.

No comments: