Sunday, March 2, 2014

Crashed!

Crashed!!!
Folks are asking for an update... Thought we might have worn all our family and friends out with our Saga!!
Amy and I arrived at the hospital around 9:30 a.m. Friday. By the time the CT was done and read, orders written, everything loaded and unloaded, Jon's Rx's picked up it was 3:00 p.m. before we actually got home. Needless to say we were bushed. I truly don't know how I could have done it without Amy!

Yesterday, I think I was just in a "trance." Beyond tired, but so very happy to have Hubs home. We spent a great deal of the day working on his oxygen hose strategy. He needs about 35 feet to maneuver from his chair, kitchen, bedroom, bathroom. I followed him a round as though I had a doggie on a long lease, trying to keep him from tripping over it. We tried several connections, hoses, tie ups, before we finally settled on the safest.

Jon was pretty tired as well. His oxygen drops to 84 if he stirs at all, as it did in the hospital. So we have to raise him to 4 liters of oxygen if he gets up; three at rest.

We were so very blessed to have Erica here until church time this morning. When I lay down last night, I wondered if I'd ever be able to get up again. When I awoke I heard Jon stirring and knew he needed me. But Erica was in the kitchen fixing his breakfast, feeding Susie, etc.
When I finally reawoke at almost nine, I found a cold cup of coffee by my bed, put there by sweet Erica earlier when it was hot.

Amy picked Erica up shortly afterwards for church. Amy brought a meal and came in and put it in our crock pot for us!!
After three cups of coffee, I rallied. We were able to do Jon's shower and are now getting ready to watch church.
We overwhelmed by the love and prayers of so many! Blessed beautiful Sabbath to you all!!

PS: Susie is beyond happy to have the "whole family" back together!!

No comments: