Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Journey to Gethsemane

Today Jon and I took a journey........ I continued reading aloud through Luke.

Today, Jon and I visited Gethsemane......... The Word took on a fresh new glow of Glory for us. We had to pause as we contemplated The Man-God wrestling with the knowledge of His coming suffering and death. As He sweat drops of blood.......... As in Total Victory rang out loud and clear as the God-Man bowed His head to His Father with "Not MY will, but THINE be done!"

We wept! We were overwhelmed!! We were keenly reminded of our sinfulness that brought Christ to this moment! I couldn't read on..........there was just too much here to absorb.....

When we went to prayer.............His Presence blanketed us in a way so real, so humbling, so magnificent, that the moment felt so hallowed.....

The knowledge that we, humanity, were being ushered into The Holy of Holies..............through no merit of our own........that the veil of The Temple had been rent in twain...
That we, mortal man, could come into His Presence.......
It was a moment, a memory...............we shall never be the same!

How I love Him! How I adore Him! My breath. My Sunshine. My all in all.
The great Creator became my Savior And all God's fullness dwelleth in Him!!

Lead Me to Calvary..........by J. E. Hussey

King of my life, I crown Thee now,
Thine shall the glory be;
Lest I forget Thy thorn crowned brow,
Lead me to Calvary.

Refrain

Lest I forget Gethsemane,
Lest I forget Thine agony;
Lest I forget Thy love for me,
Lead me to Calvary.

Show me the tomb where Thou wast laid,
Tenderly mourned and wept;
Angels in robes of light arrayed
Guarded Thee whilst Thou slept.

Refrain

Let me like Mary, through the gloom,
Come with a gift to Thee;
Show to me now the empty tomb,
Lead me to Calvary.

Refrain

May I be willing, Lord, to bear
Daily my cross for Thee;
Even Thy cup of grief to share,
Thou hast borne all for me.

No comments: