Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Counting Springs...

The winter seems to be rolling up its carpet and preparing to file it into the archives of history.
Spring appears to at last be serious about bursting into color, nest building, and "window open" days...
I thought about spring.... I'm 66 years old and if perhaps I'm given the gift of longer life.... I'm still at the point in life of possibly counting my springs....
God says life is life a vapor, like the grass that springs up and quickly fades away...
Winter, Christmas...time seems to have flown by ever so quickly.
I moved my bird feeder from the deck today where I had placed it for easy access during the cold months. I took the second one from the shed and placed them both back by the flower box where the hyacinths and crocuses are blooming. I took the birdbath from the garage and put it back among the budding tulips...
Only a brief time later I sat on the deck and the little maple tree by the feeders was filled with brilliant cardinals. Chickadees were already feeding freely...
The singing birds...the gentle breeze lifted my heart and spirits to the heights!
Counting springs.... despondent? No, I didn't feel that way at all. I was only contemplating my mortality...
This spring is special!!! This spring is mine to hold.... to breath in...to relish...to treasure... This is my moment...to live, to love, to laugh....
My heart was so full of rejoicing..... Thank you, God, for this gift..
This "my spring!"

No comments: